The race to 1000 is on. I haven't a clue what to do to celebrate it when it happens, though. I shall have to think. To be sure, #666 would have been much more fun.
Now for some potentially interesting links:
- Anyone who thinks Canadians are all nice and sweet and friendly 100% of the time has never seen our little-known ritual of killing dogs, squirrels and raccoons, and then posing them with flowers between their paws in High Park. Yeah, I wish I was kidding, too. "There is something obviously concerning and bizarre in the park," Pinto said. YOU THINK?!?
- Do you guys all remember our dear old pal Mike Strobel, the "journalist" who so gleefully destroyed (or TRIED to destroy) the careers and the lives of several doctors, including the one we know here in public as "Dr. L"? Well, he's getting a wee taste of his own medicine, as he's been deemed "too ugly" to attend the BeautifulPeople.Net launch party in Toronto. Boy, is he ever.
- You kinda have to feel sorry for this dude. A guy gets released from jail and isn't sure if he's allowed to keep the clothes they gave him on the inside, so he takes 'em off and leaves naked, then gets arrested for public nudity. Yeesh. Cut him some slack, huh?? Up here, someone would have just handed him a Toronto Maple Leafs banner to wrap himself in and patted him on the head.
- Umm...I need to throw up. Mini-Me is suing TMZ for leaking his sex tape. I don't think I'm gonna make it to the bathroom. I'm still in therapy over the Tom Sizemore tapes. OH MY EYES.
- And WHAT?!??!??!? CHRIS NOTH QUITS LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT!?!? Augh!!! Just...augh!!! To hell with every TV show I ever like! First CSI ditches ♥Jorja♥, then L&O: SVU gets rid of our good Canadian boy Adam Beach, and now this?!?! HELLS, NO!!! (I don't even wanna discuss Gary Dourdan, thanks. That one was his own damn fault.)
- OMG. I've had some bad dates (Yellow BMW Guy leaps to mind...), but HOLY CRAP. Listen to these messages left for some woman by a guy to whom she VERY WRONGLY gave her card, and then thank your lucky stars that none of us (as far as I know) have ever met this guy. WHAT A BASTARD!!!
I think I'll just not watch the news or read the 'net, like, ever again.