Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Annual Christmas Phone Meme!

I'm reposting this from my LJ after several successful years of hilarity. The only difference is that, because this is public and searchable, I shan't be posting my number right here for the world to see. Instead, if you'd like it (or want to direct me to yours), leave a comment here with your email address (or email me), and we'll do it that way. Also: For those who are able to see my Facebook contact info, you'll find the proper number there!

Now to the post, then...

Guess what time it is?


It's time for the


Annual Christmas voicemail meme!

Get out your phones!




Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!

Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!

Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!Spread holiday cheer with your PHONE!


I don't remember who started this, but we've had so much fun with it over the past few years, I thought I'd open myself up to it again. So many of us hardly get to talk these days, and what could be more festive than a message from a friend??

THE RULES:

  • post your phone number in your blog/on Facebook so your friends can call and leave goofy messages (you can identify yourself, or, as a number of you have done in the past, you can mess with the recipient's head by being anonymous and simply leaving hints about who you are). A lot of you already have your numbers posted in your contact info, so just throw it into a note for friends to see!
  • make sure you don't answer your phone - this is for MESSAGES, not conversations, seeing as everyone's busy at this time of year & probably can't sit still long enough to have long (and expensive!) chats with half of their friends list!
  • if there's a good time at which to call you, specify it in your post (say, 8 p.m.-11 p.m. in your time zone, or all day Christmas Day, etc.), so people know when they'll get your voicemail/when there's no risk of waking anyone up/etc.
  • make sure you check out your friends' blogs/Facebook notes etc. for other willing victims and call them too! Sing carols, tell jokes, ramble incessantly... Whatever you want to say or do, do it!


So there you have it. Ask for my number. Call me. I shan't be around my phone at all on Xmas Eve day or night, nor on Christmas Day, and there's no danger of it disturbing anyone, so you can call any time today, all night tonight (yes, even 4 a.m.), or tomorrow, if you like. It's open 24/7. And no, it's not my cell phone, because we all know that's been ALWAYS buggy.

Now have at it! Most of you already know I have the world's best outgoing message. And I'll check in on my comments and emails later to see who among you have done the same...'cos if you post this, I WILL CALL. [/Field Of Dreams moment]


LET THE MEME BEGIN. POST YER NUMBERS AN' WIN A PRIZE.



(If you consider a call from me a "prize". HAH. But I take requests, and I may sing, or recite verses. I'm like a box o' chocolates, folks. And, apparently, so are you - I get the weirdest calls from you guys... They amuse me so. Some of them are still saved from two years ago, even!)


Happy holidays, everyone!

No comments: