Saturday, July 12, 2008

A random set of links to LISTS.

Considering I've been rather...serious...in this here blog lately (In Memoriams, talk of the Air India case, the sadness over broken friendships that cannot be fixed... Aren't you glad you don't see what goes into the private blog??), I thought I'd take a moment to add some levity in the form of linkspam. Because, really, life is so much more fun when you've got someone like me to point you to the weirdest sites and news features on the 'net, is it not?

Below you will find a remarkable collection of LISTS. I love lists. Even the ones that throw me into a blind fury, like the AFI's Top 100 Movies Of All Time, which gets it wrong every damn year. It's still a list, and I like 'em. I hope you do, too, 'cos that's what you're gettin' from me today.


  • 25 hysterical er, Historical Events As Depicted By 5-Year-Olds - and no, I don't care that they weren't really done by 5-year-olds. They're bloody funny all the same...and some of them took me a minute to get. What does that say about me??
  • 6 Famous Songs That Don't Mean What You Think - I, for one, take issue with "Angie", because that's exactly what I thought it meant.
  • 6 Absurd Phobias (And The People Who Actually Have Them) - They totally ruined whatever credibility they had when they mention a fear of clowns and then they include a picture of freakin' PENNYWISE THE CLOWN from "Stephen King's IT"!!! What kind of soulless psychopath must you be if that guy doesn't scare the hell out of you???
  • The 5 Most Unintentionally Scarring Music Videos Of The '80s - I'm in agreement on these ones. I will never again hear Bonnie Tyler singing the lyric "...turn around, bright eyes..." without shuddering.
  • 5 Terrible Life Lessons Hollywood Loves To Teach Us - Am I the only one here who thinks that a future full of Agent Smith clones doesn't really sound that bad? Hell, I took the red pill a while back; I'm ready for anything!
  • 7 "Based On A True Story" Movies That Were Complete Bullsh*t! - Wait...what? They lied to us about Rudy?? Ugh. Nothing is sacred anymore. The world is a hopeless place. As one of my uncles often says, "Armageddon can't come fast enough for me." Well...it's something like that. I think I have the gist, anyway.
  • 11 Movies Saved By Historical Inaccuracies - I take this to mean that telling the real story would have resulted in the movie being a steaming pile of cow dung. But then we're back to the Rudy issue, are we not?? Oh, I'm so confused. (But I would like to point out that 2 of the first 3 on the list are Mel Gibson movies, so that makes me laugh. Because I hate that guy. And because I think it's hilarious that a Revisionist would end up in multiple factually unsound strips of celluloid. GO, MEL.)
  • Wikipedia's List Of Unusual Deaths - It's a dazzling array of the weirdest ways to check out, EVER. Hell, it goes all the way back to 458 B.C.! Apocryphal or not, this is one entertaining list.
  • Wikipedia's Look At Conspiracy Theories - You had to know this one would be close to my heart. I'm still not sure about that moon landing. But this page is actually quite fascinating, even touching on things that aren't as widely known (but are perhaps as bizarre) as the Magic Bullet Theory. The Tuskegee Experiments are worth looking into, if you ask me. Which you didn't, but you're reading my blog, so...you see my point.
  • Best Movie Endings Ever - SPOILERS AHOY! I haven't looked at this one yet, but if Se7en only made it to the very bottom #20 spot, I cannot even begin to imagine what other goodies they'll have on there.


So...this didn't really count as "blogging", did it? I think this was actually more like "cheating". But I am le tired, and besides, I know you will all find at least one or two of the above lists highly entertaining.

And I live to entertain you.

2 comments:

Tierney said...

I LOVE lists, so thanks! Definitely going to be a bit of a nice time waster for me today. :)

The Hurricane thing (that, you know, he may have actually murdered those people) really freaks me out.

Bob Dylan has never steered me wrong before...

Anonymous said...

The 5 most unintentionally scarring videos thing cracked me up like hell, because someone on LJ got me looking at '80s videos, and eventually I ended up on "Total Eclipse of the Heart". I mean, of course. And by the end of the video, all I could think was... um... wtf do ninjas and glowing-eyed choir boys have to do with the song?! Haha.